Monday, August 6, 2012

Writing

Two years or so have passed since I have visited the Angry Man Blog, and its time we came back and got fuckin' busy!  Will it be angry?  Probably.  Will it be retarded?  Most assuredly.  But... lets do it anyway!

So, I've had some ups and downs in this past week, and rather than dig into that bunch of bullshit and sadness, and I'm going to get right into the good thought that I had this week.  Its a doozy, and I don't reckon that many people are going to get it.  But, that's ok, because this site is for ME, not for them.  So... FUCK 'EM!

I have got lots of friends from many different walks of life.  I don't know a single Jew, at least I don't think so, but at any rate, it is many folks from many walks, and here is what I notice about them.  Happiness.  Or rather, the search for Happiness and the lengths that people go to reach it.  Is it real?  Is it fake?  Who the fuck knows, but it is all a matter of perception.  Eye of the beholder (or Beer-holder).  Whatever it is, to you, that keeps you smiling, keeps you cheerful, you will do.  This is unique to each of us, and infinitely malleable, but always present.

Now, the thing to understand about perception is that; it's a lie.  Perception is about how things look 'to you', NOT, how things actually are.  How things actually are, however, has nothing whatsoever to do with happiness.  We all lie to ourselves every single day, in order to maintain the fiction that is happiness. 

Lies are typically seen as negative things, but is the lie of Perception a bad thing?  Nah, its great!  Its a basic understanding of human nature!  It is the very core of what keeps us going, is the illusion of being happy.  I am certainly not interested in destroying anyone's happiness, but rather, making more of my own.  Understanding about myself enough to continue what makes me feel happy, and even fascilitation others' fiction for their own enjoyment.

Which brings me to my thought this week:  God is a lie.  The concept of God is a tremendous lie created millenia ago, with the primary goal of giving people hope.  Hope for a better tomorrow.  Hope that the pain of today will pass.  Hope that all of your fears and misgivings and traumas can be resolved, and that things in life are OK. 

Does that make it a bad lie?  Absolutely not.  God is the BEST lie.  God is the lie that was put there with the best intentions, to make people happy and to love each other.  When people say 'God is Love', there is nothing truer in the world... God is the lie you tell your children because you love them so much, you want them to be happy and not haunted by fears and doubt.  God is the lie that funeral director and Clergy men have used for generations upon generations to make us feel better about dying and sickness and losing our loved ones. 

It does create a bit of sadness for me that I can no longer believe in that lie, which I suppose is where the phrase 'Ignorance is Bliss' comes from.  I envy the people who can still believe.




SO, I'm back on here, and I'm going to write a little bit each day... I find that I do have many MANY good thoughts in the course of a day, and I owe it to myself... nay, I owe it to HUMANITY... to record these thoughts in some tangible way.  This I will do, and perhaps it will give future generations some insight into my descent into madness.



Ladyfingers....... they taste just like Ladyfingers........



TheAngryMan

1 comment:

  1. I'd hate to think that I was RAISING myself to madness... perhaps it depends on which side of the fishbowl you perceive yourself to be...

    ReplyDelete