Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Emotions

There is a line to be drawn between 'doing things' and 'wanting to do things' that needs to be seen, and avoided.  Buddhist precepts warn against craving, and I think I understand it better now.  It is one thing to understand something and another thing entirely to put it in to practice.  I want to live a life full of happiness and be carefree... and I can live such a life if I just do it.

Being content is at the core of happiness.  Understanding at your core that you truly do have everything within you from birth to achieve happiness... and just letting yourself be happy.  Don't think about it too much.  Fuck me, that's a big part of my existential problems, is that I think too goddam much.  That said, I cringe when I think about the masses of inconsiderate dick-bags that do very little thinking in the course of their day.

Ignorance is bliss.  It does make lots of things easier to deal with, if I just don't give a fuck about consequences.  On the other side, Ignorance also has a much greater body count than Intelligence, so I suppose I will stay on this side of the fence, at least for awhile yet...



The Angry Man

No comments:

Post a Comment