Thursday, September 6, 2012

Body

How long do you think it should take to learn to work your own body?  I am thirty-fucking-something years old, and I still get sick every damn fall.  And, I know why.  And, I take my medicine like I am supposed to... and it STILL happens.

I spend so much time inside myself.  In fact, almost ALL of my time is spent, withing my body.  That's a lot!  You'd think I'd have a better understanding of how this crotchety, snotty, gangly, slowly rotting thing would work, and would have learned how to prevent some of this shit.  Nope!  Not a bit!  Especially my brain.  I suspect that if I could learn to control just the 8 or so pounds of gristle in my skull, I'd have a much better time of things.  And I KNOW how to do that... I just don't.

It comes back to 'Identify and Resolve'.  If I could robotically perform tasks, day in and day out, then the only problems I would have would be mechanical malfunctions.  Arms stop working, back spasms, balls get tweaked in my pant leg, the occasional hemorrhoid... (Hey, I was only 1 letter off when Googling that one... ad THAT to the amazing list of Things I've Googled Recently).  But, my brain will not let me do that.  It gets BORED.  It likes to invent things.  It likes to muse over past events.  It likes to travel to far off lands, and then come back and say 'Gee, that was fun.  What's next?'

I have a very strong mind, but it is not fast.  It is a good thinker, and it takes a little time to get it going, but once it gets going it is hell getting it to stop.  My mind is like a '67 Monte Carlo... 0-60 in like 11 days, but once it hits Freeway speeds it performs beautifully.  Until you need to hit the offramp, you are FUCKED.  The drive shaft starts rattling, the steering wheel vibrates wildly, the breaks lock the wheels up instantly so you have to pump them even in dry conditions... and if you are lucky, you won't end up in the ditch, or 40 miles past your exit where you needed to be.  That is my mind. 

This is a song that sort of goes with this... Enjoy!



Haven't written anything in a few days, been doing well just busy.  All good stuff this time!



The Angry Man

No comments:

Post a Comment