Friday, September 11, 2009

Offense - 9/11

This is just a quick rant about 9/11 and some of the shit people say and do about it.

I want to start by telling you that my work made an announcement at 8:30 this morning saying that we were going to have a moment of silence at 8:45... which came... and went... and no one stopped what they were doing to... well, stop what they were doing. I thought that was funny, and no one even brought it up again the rest of the day.

The shit that O-fends me, is people who get O-fended by the way that you choose to deal with 9/11, as if it were a holy day. I get sick of the "Lets all take a moment to remember..." bullshit that I keep hearing. Do I need someone to tell me how to feel, or WHEN to feel about it? Lets make some comparisons here...

You know what I do for memorial day? I enjoy the day off of work; I might grill up some brats, drink some beer, hang out with friends or family... do I think about any dead military people I may know? Not for a second. Sorry, I just don't. Am I not a good American because of it? What has two thumbs and doesn't give a fuck? ME. I do the same god damn thing for Labor Day, 4th of July, Veterans day, VE-Day, VJ-Day, and whatever other days the Banks decide to not work. Am I not a good American because of it? Am I to feel guilty for not spending my day in morose contemplation of people who were murdered for ideals that I do not have the TINIEST understand of, or sympathy for?

Let's be freakin' realistic here; No war we have been involved in since WWII was in the defense of our sovereignity. Korea, Vietnam, Cuba (well, maybe Cuba), Desert Storm, Iraq Today... ALL of that shit was politically motivated. All of those deaths were politically motivated. It's not about Democrat or Republican, its about making friends... and sending your countrymen to their deaths in the effort of keeping those friends...

So, to wrap up... you wanna know what I do on 9/11? I get up and I go to work. Because THAT is the American way. That is what the people who were killed on 9/11 were doing... working. What better tribute to these people could there possibly be?

The Angry Man

No comments:

Post a Comment