Sunday, August 23, 2009

Offense - Women pt 1

As the theme here is O-fence, i'm going to talk about a particular incident that happened about six months ago with a woman at my school who got O-fended by a joke that i made, and never spoke to me again. SCORE! Its a stupid fucking story, and it won't be a long post, but i think it is important here because it illustrates the point that people need to LIGHTEN THE FUCK UP!

During Winter quarter, I was taking a Composition class. For those that don't know me (damn-near everyone!), while I am studying to be a network administrator, my real passion is writing. Since I attend a technical school, the curriculum is extremely rigid, so i don't get the chance to take oddball classes like "Art History" or anything, but there are 2 required Composition classes. The point being is that I'm the only person in the class enjoying myself, while everyone else is bitching "Why the fuck do i need to write papers, i'm going to be an electrician!" or some such shit.

The topic of the week was "Who has a harder time growing up in America: Men or Women?" What a loaded fucking question THAT is! Let's get it straight here: Guys are LUCKY to be guys. The shit that women have to go through just to operate their own bodies is INSANE! Periods, Childbirth, Motherhood, Menopause... i won't even mention the things that go on in the doctor's office... I LOOOVE me some women, but I wouldn't trade places with you for ANYTHING.

So, it's a dumb question right? Of COURSE Women have a harder time in ANY society. But, I'm a writer, and you gotta challenge yourself... so i write this two page bitch-fest about why its so hard to be a guy; that women have it easy, because there is always some 'man' available at hand whenever she needs help. Men are just on there own, even other GUYS don't help each other out... If you go to one of your male friends and say "Dude, I think I broke my leg!" he just laughs at you and says "You fuckin' dumbass, how'd you do that?" Women, on the other hand, all band together in a crisis. If a woman went into a crowded restaraunt and shouted "All men are pigs!" EVERY woman in the joint would stand up and applaud, all the while glaring at their men, daring them to dispute her. The men would just mutter under their breath "Damn, who was that bitch?" and hope their women don't hear them. If a man stood up in the same restaraunt and shouted "All women are bitches!" he would be SWARMED with a torrent of angry women (and an equal swarm of angry men, who now have to kick your ass so they can stay in good with their women.)

To cut to the chase, the instructor read it out loud to the class because SHE thought it was funny (she was great!), and I made it a point to state the same, that it was a joke. The woman behind me (I don't remember her name) flipped the fuck out. "How could you say all of that..." and "What the fuck is THAT supposed to mean!" Her and I had become somewhat friendly during the class, having sat next to each other for 6 weeks or so, but after that, she NEVER spoke another word to me. Weeks later, well into the next quarter i would see her in the hall, and she would look the other way.

Now, that isn't what pisses me off. The thing that really tweeks my nugget is that that same woman was kicked out of her first composition class for writing a paper about Dildos. DILDOS! She took the time to write five fucking pages on sex toys of all kinds; their usage, their cost, their stimulation value... and yet, THIS bitch has the NERVE to be O-fended by something that I said?!?

That's all i've got to say about that. What the fuck is wrong with people today, that they can't take jokes AT ALL?! If anyone else sees my point here, give me a holler... if you disagree with anything i've said here, well... Fuck you. Have a nice day!!

The Angry Man

No comments:

Post a Comment